Toogle advisor Skip to content
Terms and conditions
1 – APPOINTMENTS
- Bookings are essential.
- Prices are based on an hour booking for one service (makeup/ hair) or a 1.5- 1.45 hour booking for makeup and hair. If extra time is needed then an invoice may be sent to the client with additional charges. If the service is conducted in less than an hour, no reimbursement of payment will be provided to the client.
- All payments are payable before the time of the booking.
- In the unlikely event that the Client is not satisfied with the service performed then the Client must inform the artist booked doing the service, at the time of the booking and allow the artist a chance to rectify the service.
- We do our best to provide the artist that you have requested, however if in an unlikely event that the artist booked (including Serenity) cannot attend due to illness/ car breaking down/ car accident, we will do our best to replace the artist for you. In the case where this is not possible, we will send you a full refund of the initial payment made for that booking.
- False lashes application is $20 per pair extra to the service prices for makeup and hairstyling.
- Tavel/ parking may be extra depending on your location from where the artist is travelling from and where you are located on the day of your event. This may be invoiced separately from your service payment.
2 – DEPOSITS
- A deposit of 20% of your total appointment fee is required at the time of booking to secure your appointment.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
3 – CHANGES
- Changes to time and date will be taken into consideration, however this will not always be able to be met. In circumstances where changes cannot be accommodated then a refund of any payment paid (excluding the deposit), will be made to the client. Refunds will only apply to changes which are made 72 hours prior to the booking, after which the full remaining balance must be paid.
4 – CANCELLATIONS
- Please advise at least 72 hours prior your booking for cancellations or else you will be liable to pay the booking costs in full.
- ‘No shows’, including vouchers and prepaid appointments, will be liable for the full price of the missed appointment.
5 – WEDDINGS AND GROUP BOOKINGS
- Prior to the wedding, the artist booked to do the bride whether it is Serenity or an artist from her team, will perform the “Initial Consultation”, to determine make-up colours, application method, hairstyle wanted per the requirements of the Client.
- Payment for the initial consultation must be made before the date of the initial consultation.
- A deposit of 20% is required in order to secure your preferred date and time for all wedding and group bookings. This deposit is non-refundable.
- The final balance is to be paid 7 days prior to the date of the wedding booking.
- There is a minimum booking of 4 or more people that applies to all weddings.
- Every effort will be taken to accommodate any changes to the service performed within reason, however please be aware some changes may incur additional charges.
- Changes to time and date will be taken into consideration, however this will not always be able to be met. In circumstances where changes cannot be accommodated then a refund of any payment paid (excluding the deposit), will be made to the client. Refunds will only apply to changes which are made 4 weeks prior to the booking, after which the full remaining balance must be paid.
- Cancellations must be made more than 4 weeks prior to the wedding date, after which the full remaining balance must be paid.
- Waiheke weddings incur a travel fee per artist of $100 which covers parking in town, return ferry ticket and time travelling to the island. All artists are required by you to be picked up and dropped back to the Waiheke ferry terminal. We can arrange a taxi if needed in which all the costs incurred from the taxi will be invoiced to you after the wedding to cover the taxi costs initially paid by us.
6 – MILEAGE, FUEL COSTS AND PARKING
- Your booking is subject to additional costs which will be calculated at the time of the consultation for mileage, fuel expenses and any parking costs involved.
7 – PRIVACY ACT
8 – RIGHTS RESERVED
- Serenity reserves the right to cancel any booking, and provide email notification of doing so, when a booking is in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
9 – INDEMNITY
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions you indemnify any artist (including Serenity) from Serenity Makeup Ltd, from and against all actions, demands, claims, suits, damages, liabilities, losses, settlements, judgements, costs and expenses.
10 – LIABILITY
- Serenity Makeup artists are not liable for any allergies or skin irritations.
- Serenity Makeup Ltd cannot be held liable under this contract where the client is unhappy with the finished make up/ hairstyling where Serenity Makeup artists have complied with the obligations under clause 1.