Special Occasion Makeup And Hairstyling
Any special occasion starts with feeling special yourself! Serenity Makeup offers a makeup and hairstyling service that will leave you feeling gorgeous for any occasion. You deserve to look amazing! Whether it’s your anniversary or you’re off on a night out, one of our professional Serenity Makeup artists will use the tips and tricks gained from years of working as makeup artists/ hair stylists in the fashion and entertainment industries, to give you a look that will leave you feeling ready for the red carpet!!
“Engagements, anniversaries, school balls, work events, social events, parties, hen’s nights, photographic… what ever your special occasion, we will make you smile with confidence!”
-Please contact us to check availability and make your special occasion booking.
-For Wedding day pricing and info, please go to the Weddings Page.
-PRICING- (per person booking)
(at her studio)
|WITH A TEAM ARTIST
(mobile only) + travel fee
|HAIR & MAKEUP
-ADD ON EXTRA’S-
(added on top of above pricing)
(at her studio)
|WITH A TEAM ARTIST
|LONG HAIR LENGTH PAST BRA STRAP
|STRAIGHTENED or BLOWWAVE (for frizzy/curly hair before styling)
- TRAVEL/PARKING – If your booking is not with Serenity at her home Studio in Glen Innes, there will be a travel charge for the artist that is travelling to you. The travel fee depends on your location. If your booking requires paid parking, these expenses will also be charged to your booking. We always try to quote these costs at the time of enquiry.
- CANCELLATIONS – Any cancellations with less than 12hrs notice, will be required to pay the full amount of invoice. Should you need to cancel please do so asap.
- TIMING – Please allow 1.45-2hrs for a hair and makeup service and 1hr for hair or makeup per person.
- PAYMENT- We do not except cash payments. All invoices will be sent via email and required to be paid before your service (unless arranged with Serenity).
- FALSE LASHES – We supply false eyelashes and apply these for $20. If you wish to supply your own, these must be brand new for health and safety purposes at a cost of $10.
- EARLY MORNING BOOKINGS– For bookings starting before 7am, there will be an early morning fee charged to your booking per artist booked. Please enquire.
- PUBLIC HOLIDAYS– All bookings that fall on a public holiday, there will be a surcharge added to your booking. Please enquire.
- WHAT WE REQUIRE – HAIR-
Please wash and dry your hair the day before, if you prefer ‘day 2’ hair, or wash and dry it on the morning of your appointment if you get very oily hair, and it looks/ feels oily by day 2. All hair needs to be completely dry for hairstyling when we arrive, unless we have arranged doing a blow dry with you.
If your hair is curly or frizzy, it needs to be smoothed by either blow dry or straightener before we arrive. (If not, it will be an extra charge for us to blow dry it for you.) Clip in hair extensions are also extra, please enquire.
Long and/or thick hair is extra, please see ‘add on extra’s box above or contact us to enquire.
If you require one of these services, please advise at the time of enquiry so we can quote correctly and book appropriate timing.)
WHAT WE REQUIRE – MAKEUP-
You will need to have clean skin on arrival. You can apply a moisturiser if you have a preferred brand.
For both hair and makeup bookings, please have a chair, a clear table for us to set up on, and an accessible power point. For best results, it is best to be close to as much natural light as possible.
To make a booking, please contact us.
WHY HAVE YOUR MAKEUP/ HAIRSTYLING DONE BY THE SERENITY MAKEUP TEAM FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION?
Special occasions don’t happen every day, which is why having your makeup done professionally makes all the difference to how you look and feel. Serenity Makeup is mobile, so this means a Serenity Makeup Artist can travel to you in the comfort of your home, work or hotel room when it suits you! One of our artists will consult with you and ask you questions like “What is your special occasion? What are you going to be wearing? What sort of makeup look do you want to achieve? What hair style do you have in mind? If you don’t know what sort of look you are wanting or you are unsure of what style of makeup/ hair would suit your outfit, then that’s totally fine!! Our team has years of professional makeup/ hair experience, and can help you plan a suitable look whatever the occasion may be! Serenity Makeup artists are friendly and reliable, which makes having your makeup/ hair done a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
HOW LONG DOES MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING TAKE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION?
For a makeup/ hairstyling session with Serenity Makeup, please allow 45 mins to an hour, unless a more specialised makeup is required, in which case the Serenity Makeup team will advise you on timing. For makeup and hairstyling, it is best to allow around 1.5 hours or up to 2 hours for a more complicated look/ or if you have thick/ long hair It generally takes 10 mins to set up and to pack down. If you have to be ready in less then the time stated, then please advise your artist on this so she can have you ready in time. If there is more then one person having makeup or hair done, please allow 45 minutes per person for makeup or 30/40 mins for hair.
WHAT SHOULD I HAVE IN PREPARATION FOR MY MAKEUP/HAIRSTYLING?
Please have a chair, and a table or area clear to set everything up. Natural light is the best kind of lighting to do makeup in, so an area which is exposed to a lot of natural light is best; eg: next to a window or a bathroom with a skylight. Skin should be clean in preparation, and then a light moisturiser of spf 15 or less can be applied. We use mostly m.a.c. products along with other high quality makeup brands but you can moisturise your skin if you have a preferred skincare regime. If you have a certain makeup/ hair look in mind, you are welcome to have a picture with you to show the style of makeup/ hair that you would like. This can be a good idea if you don’t know how to explain what you are wanting to achieve. Having a look at makeup and hairstyles online can be a great inspiration.
SHOULD I HAVE MY MAKEUP DONE BEFORE OR AFTER I HAVE MY HAIR STYLED?
We also do hair styling as a service however if you are booking an appointment with your hairdresser, find out whether they are wanting to wash your hair before they start. If this is the case, then it is best to book your makeup session after your hair has been styled, so that your foundation around your hairline is not washed off. If they don’t need to wash your hair, then it doesn’t matter having your makeup done before your hair is styled. If your only option is to have your makeup done earlier then your hair, ask your hairdresser to take care around the hairline when washing. Most hairdressers are mindful and will take care if you tell them.
As well as doing makeup, we offer a hairstyling service too. To enhance your makeup look, the Serenity Makeup team can style your hair for that special occasion. Blow wave, straightening, curling, hair ups. Whatever the need, the team at Serenity Makeup can create a stunning look for you.
Hair is the finishing touch to a gorgeous makeup look and a stunning dress. Feel red carpet ready by having your hair styled by us. By having the Serenity Makeup team style your hair, it will make you feel pampered and relaxed which is what every woman wants!! We keep up to date with the latest hair trends from around the world to give you current hair looks that are on trend.
STEPS TO CREATE YOUR PERFECT HAIR STYLE WITH SERENITY MAKEUP:
- Find pictures online of a style you would like to achieve.
- Email it through to us and let us know your natural hairtype; (long/short/curly/frizzy/straight/thick/fine), so we can work out how long we need for the hairstyle.
- Please wash and dry your hair the day before, if you prefer ‘day 2’ hair, or wash and dry it on the morning of your appointment if you get very oily hair, and it looks/ feels oily by day 2. Your hair must be completely dry when your artist turns up unless arranged prior with us. All curly/frizzy hair must be smoothed out either by blowdry or straightened before we arrive. If your artist arrives and your hair needs smoothing out before styling, there will be an extra $50 charge on top of your service amount.
- Having a blow dry by us before your hair is styled can reduce frizz on naturally frizzy hair and can give the hair more body and shine. This is an add-on service of $50, so please discuss with us if you are interested in this service so we can adjust your service timing.